1. Add coconut oil to instant pot insert. Press sauté button to heat and add onions, ginger and garlic. Stir for a few minutes.
2. Add curry paste and tomatoes and stir for a few more minutes.
3. Press cancel to stop sauté cycle. Add coconut milk, lentils, chickpeas and water.
4. Lock lid, choose natural release, pressure cook on high for 7minutes.
5. Let natural release for full time or let it release for 5 minutes and then choose pulse or quick release to finish. This will give you a firmer lentil.
6. Enjoy as is, or serve over rice that you can make in your instant pot in 3 minutes!
The instant pot/programmable pressure cooker is new to me and has taken me a few recipes to feel comfortable with.
It is an amazing kitchen tool and can take the place of multiple appliances. As every pressure cooker is a bit different and there are so many varieties out there, I highly encourage you to read your directions closely before using. I still refer to my instruction book when making recipes. I wanted to make something with lentils, as plant based eating is something I am recommending to my clients all of the time. This is such a flavourful recipe and I think one that will become one of your favourites! You can serve over rice or have as is. Hope you enjoy!
I am super passionate about helping people understand the science of food and making it work for them. I love coming up with healthy and tasty meals for my family and sharing them with you!
Have a question? Need nutrition advice? Want a meal plan designed just for you? Just ask me!Contact Laurie