1. In a deep skillet with a lid, sauté the onion in oil.
2. Add chicken breasts and 1 Tbsp of the pesto, stir until the chicken is almost cooked through.
3. Add carrots, zucchini, and red pepper, sauté for a few minutes.
4. Add garlic, pasta, and the remaining 2 Tbsp of pesto, stir for 2 – 3 minutes.
5. Add tomatoes, broth and Italian seasoning. Bring to a simmer, cover and turn down to low heat. Let simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes so the orzo doesn’t stick to the pan.
6. Stir in Parmesan cheese and serve.
It’s back-to-school time when we are all looking for quick, nutritious, kid-approved meals! This one pot dish is it! So simple to put together, and only one pot to clean up on those rushed evenings. You can swap the veggies for whatever ones your kids love, you could also make this meatless by swapping the chicken for some pulses. This has become one of my family favorites and I hope it becomes yours too!
I am super passionate about helping people understand the science of food and making it work for them. I love coming up with healthy and tasty meals for my family and sharing them with you!
Have a question? Need nutrition advice? Want a meal plan designed just for you? Just ask me!Contact Laurie