1. Blend the almonds, quinoa flakes and one cup of the pumpkin seeds in a food processor until it forms a smooth flour.
2. Transfer this into a bowl and stir in the remaining pumpkin seeds plus the sunflower seeds, chia seeds, psyllium husk, and dried herbs. Stir well.
3. Pour in 2 cups of cold water.
4. Let the mixture sit for an hour to let it fully absorb all the water and firm up.
5. Heat oven to 350 F.
6. Grease your loaf pan, spoon the mixture in and press it down with a spoon. Bake in the oven for an hour, until the top begins to brown and you can pull a knife out of the middle without any of the mixture sticking to it.
Slice and add your favourite toppings and enjoy. It tastes great toasted!
I often struggle with store-bought bread…why does it last so long? I wanted to make my own recipe for bread that was wholesome and easy to throw together. This is definitely it! This recipe is fool-proof and packed with nutrition. Yes, it does have some fat in it but remember this is the type of fat you want to include in your diet – unsaturated fat from nuts and seeds. Certainly be aware of your portions. I love this toasted with mashed avocado and tomatoes. Hope you enjoy!
I am super passionate about helping people understand the science of food and making it work for them. I love coming up with healthy and tasty meals for my family and sharing them with you!
Have a question? Need nutrition advice? Want a meal plan designed just for you? Just ask me!Contact Laurie