1. Preheat oven to 350 F
2. Spray a 12 cup muffin tin.
3. In a frying pan, heat oil, add onion and sauté until softened.
4. Add tomatoes, garlic and basil and sauté for another few minutes. Remove from heat.
5. Whisk eggs and egg whites with milk, set aside.
6. Spoon the tomato mixture into each muffin tin.
7. Top with crumbled goat cheese.
8. Then, pour the egg mixture into each tin until about ¾ full.
9. Bake at 350 F for 20 minutes.
10. Leave in muffin tin to cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove and serve.
For some reason things are just cuter when they are smaller! I LOVE mini food! This is the perfect breakfast or brunch to serve for your family or guests. They freeze beautifully and are very versatile; customize based on what is in your fridge! You can add any veggies you have really - spinach, kale, peppers, mushrooms would all work deliciously! Vary the cheese if you like for a totally different flavour. Hope you enjoy!
I am super passionate about helping people understand the science of food and making it work for them. I love coming up with healthy and tasty meals for my family and sharing them with you!
Have a question? Need nutrition advice? Want a meal plan designed just for you? Just ask me!Contact Laurie