1. Process dates and peanut butter in a food processor until smooth.
2. Scoop mixture into a bowl and set in the freezer for 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, mix cocoa and coconut oil in a saucepan over low heat until melted.
4. Form date mixture into balls and dip in chocolate coating.
5. Place on parchment paper, put a toothpick in each, and set in the freezer for at least 20 minutes. Bites taste best straight from the freezer.
Dates are so naturally sweet, and when they are processed smooth they almost have a caramel taste. The chocolate coating is super bitter and rich, which I think goes perfectly with the sweet date. You could also coat in melted chocolate chips (beware: this will increase the calories and fat a bit). These are perfect sweet treats to keep in the freezer. I topped them with red sprinkles for Valentine’s Day.
I am super passionate about helping people understand the science of food and making it work for them. I love coming up with healthy and tasty meals for my family and sharing them with you!
Have a question? Need nutrition advice? Want a meal plan designed just for you? Just ask me!Contact Laurie