1. Spread the bread in a 9 x 13 greased baking dish, set aside.
2. In a bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla and maple syrup.
3. Pour the egg mixture over top of the bread and gently stir until all of the bread is coated.
4. Cover the dish and place in the refrigerator overnight.
5. In the morning, preheat the oven to 350 F
6. In a small bowl, combine almonds, brown sugar and butter and squeeze together with your hands until it forms a crumbly mixture. Sprinkle over top of the bread and egg mixture. Toss the blueberries on top.
7. Bake for 50 minutes, serve and enjoy!
I remember my mother making an overnight breakfast that she would put in the oven on Christmas morning and after we were finished opening our presents we would sit down to a nice hot breakfast. I wanted to do the same this year, so I experimented with a few combinations and this one is my favourite. This literally takes minutes to put together the night before and the results are delicious! I hope you enjoy!
I am super passionate about helping people understand the science of food and making it work for them. I love coming up with healthy and tasty meals for my family and sharing them with you!
Have a question? Need nutrition advice? Want a meal plan designed just for you? Just ask me!Contact Laurie