1. Preheat oven to 250F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Beat egg whites until foamy. Add vanilla and cream of tartar. Beat until stiff peaks form.
3. Add sugar 1 Tbsp at a time and beat until glossy and smooth.
4. Put mixture into a piping bag and pipe into heart shapes about the size of a rounded teaspoon.
5. Sprinkle with red sugar if desired.
6. Bake for 40 minutes and then turn the oven off. Do not open the door! Allow to cool in the oven for 3 hours.
Here is a great treat to satisfy that sweet craving without costing you too many calories. These are great especially to serve on Valentine's Day. You can certainly get creative with this recipe - dipping them in chocolate, making a 'sandwich' out of them (add cream in the middle with raspberries or strawberries)...the possibilites are endless. I have kept the recipe pretty simple here. Besides holding your oven up for a bit, these are super simple and fun to make, not to mention very cost effective! Hope you enjoy!
I am super passionate about helping people understand the science of food and making it work for them. I love coming up with healthy and tasty meals for my family and sharing them with you!
Have a question? Need nutrition advice? Want a meal plan designed just for you? Just ask me!Contact Laurie